Birchbox V's Glossybox August

Its that time of the month when I go through my Birchbox and Glossybox subscription, I tell you exactly what I got and what my thoughts are on the products. If your interested in seeing what I received in my Birchbox and Glossybox this August then keep on reading....

Birchbox

Box theme : Mermaid Vibes

This months box is described as a box of beauty goodies that's bound to make waves in your daily routine. The products and box design has all been inspired around a mermaid theme. The box is very pretty blue mermaid tail design. Now lets see what this months products have to offer and if they keep to this months mermaid box theme.


Spectrum brushes are very pretty make-up brushes that come in many different colours. This one is part of the bomb shell range. They are super soft and are some of my favourite make-up brushes. I spoke more about them in a recent post on my favourite beauty tools. I'm very excited to have another of their brushes to add to my collection. This is of course is full size and would cost £7


This shadow stick has been created to provide 11 hours of creaseless and waterproof colour. All without the need for brushes, blenders or primers. I have one of these from a previous Birchbox in a lighter champagne colour. From swatching this on my hand, the older one does seem more creamier than this new one. This is a very dark shimmery brown when applied, but once its been blended it turns into a more golden brown. Which means you can get two looks from this one product. Applying it straight to the eye with hardly any blending and you will get a smokey evening look or blend it out and have an easy day look. But if you are blending this shadow stick out you need to do it quick as it does dry down very quickly. This is also full size and costs £8


A texturizing spray that's formulated with sugar cane. It should create loose, shiny waves without any crunch. This spray should also last through heat and humidity. I love texturizing sprays, but I've never heard of a sugar texturizing spray. I'm looking forward to taking this on holiday and seeing if this will actually work. A full size product is 145ml and costs £20. This is a 30ml sample and would cost around £4.14.


This is brimming with nourishing essential oils and Vitamin E. It delivers nourishment while adding a hint of golden radiance to your skin, body or hair. This is another product that I've had from a previous Birchbox. Its is a good product, but its not something that really wows me. This is great product to have for giving that extra golden glow to already tanned skin. If you wanted a full size product it would set you back £20 for 50ml This sample is 10ml and would cost around £4.


This is extra virgin 100% raw organic coconut oil. This can be used as a moisturiser, hair mask, eye make-up remover and of course you can also use this for cooking. There isn't much more to say about this product, personally I think this is a filler product and a bit rubbish to count as one of your five products. This would have been better as a bonus product, it just seems a bit stingy to me and like they'd run out of ideas! A full size product is 500ml and costs £9.99. This sample size is 50ml and costs £2.29.

Box Price : £12.95 (including p+p)

Box Value : £25.43

Full Sized Products : 2/5

Products Excited To Try: 2/5

Overall Thoughts : I think this months Birchbox stayed very true to its mermaid theme. One of the main mermaid theme products was the Spectrum brush which you could pick in one of two designs (glam clam or bomb shell) This was also by far my favourite product out of this months box. The other product that I'm really looking forward to trying is the Number 4 sugar texturizing spray, because who doesn't want to have mermaid like hair. The rest of the products disappointed me to be quite honest. I felt like this box repeated quite a lot of the same products from previous boxes. LOC eye shadow stick and Nuxe are both products that I've had not that long ago from this box. Don't even get me started on the coconut oil, which personally should be a bonus product! Overall I love the design and concept of this months box, but do feel slightly let down by the products. Could this be because I've been subscribed for too long?



Glossy Box

Box theme : Girls Just Wanna Have Sun

This is the second part of the summer collectors edition box. This months box is filled with quick fix products that will keep you looking great and enhance your look, so you can keep having fun all month long.


This is a British brand that was designed in mind of gym-goes. Its a refreshing and soothing face mist that can replace your primer, by keeping make-up in place and controlling oil. It does all this and also manages to keep your skin hydrated too. This can be misted onto your face before foundation instead of your primer, or over make-up to refresh the face. I'm intrigued by this mist primer, I've only used cream/gel based primers, so this will be interesting to use. I'm not big on wearing make-up when I workout, but I think I may take this on holiday with me and see if it can withstand that kind of sweaty heat, instead of sweaty gym heat. This is a full size product and costs £5.99


A talc-free, mineral-enriched bronzer. This bronzer is so cute, it has a very pretty leopard print design which I really don't want to ruin. But I think this will definitely be best swirled together, as the main colour of this bronzer is a very light golden glow and the leopard print splodges are a dark chocolate colour. I've never heard of this brand before, but that doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to trying this out. This is also full size and costs £16.50


A one-of-a-kind energising hair mask. It has a cooling effect, which powers up the macadamia oil making this product even better at hydrating and taming the hair. I've never heard of an ice mask, but I'm up for any mask that promises to repair, hydrate and tame the hair. A full size hair mask would cost £14.99 and is 300ml. The sample size I have is a pretty decent at 100ml and would cost around £6.67.


This 2in1 dry shampoo combines dry shampoo with conditioner. To refresh your roots and also condition your hair. I've already tried this product out before. I like it but its not a product I rush to user all the time. If your someone who gets particularly greasy hair then this isn't a product for you. But if you get quite dry hair, then you may have just found your new holy grail hair refreshing product. I don't like to use this anywhere near my scalp as the conditioner part will just make mine greasy. I like to use this from the mid to end of my hair to add a bit of texture on first day hair or throughout the week if I feel my ends are looking a bit dry. A full size product is 200ml and costs £4.49. I have a very handy travel size which is 50ml and would cost around £1.12.


An intense matte lip crayon that contains vitamin E to keep lips moisturised. You all know how much I love matte lip products, I especially love matte lip crayons as you can line your lips precisely and then fill them in. The shade of this is beautiful, its described as a berry shade. From swatching this I would say its more or a nude shade with a berry tone to it. Which I really like as its a more wearable berry day shade. This is full size and costs £22.


This month we have a bonus 6th product. This can be used as a bracelet or as a hair tie. I love these as they look cute on your wrist and it means you always have a hair tie available that doesn't leave dents or damage your hair. Usually these come in a pack of 3 for £11.90, so this single bracelet would cost around £3.97.

Box Price : £13.25 (including p+p)

Box Value : £56.25

Full Sized Products : 4/6

Products Excited To Try : 3/6

Overall Thoughts : Another great box design from Glossybox, I've enjoyed their summer collectors edition. As usual there is lots of brands I've never heard of and lots of products I've never tried in this months box. I cant wait to try out the face mist, hair mask and lip crayon. I'm also loving the cute hair tie in this months box! The only thing that still annoys me about Glossybox, is that a lot of the products that are in the boxes aren't easy to get hold of in the UK. There's nothing worse than discovering a new favourite and then finding out you cant get hold of it!

August Box Winner 
Glossybox

I was very disappointed with the amount of repeat products in  this months Birchbox, as a long time subscriber it makes you feel like you should move on and you've been subscribed for too long. Glossybox won due to the amount of products that I've never seen and I'm excited to try.


What was your favourite box this month?

Don't forget to check back next month, to see what September has to offer.


SNEAK PEEK

Birchbox : Mannakadar - Multi-purpose Make-up

Glossybox : STYLondon Siligel Blender


If you want to check out past Birchbox V's Glossybox then check out the links below








Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, LookerHQ and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with all things blog related. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me