Review: Ultimate Blends - The Sleek Perfector Oil

I've tried many hair oils over the years and have liked quite a few of them. Not that many of them made too much of a difference... This hair oil by Garnier however, is by far the best hair oil I've come across. I had a few little samples sachets of this oil sat in my draw and I didn't really use them to their full potential. I took one on holiday every now and then as they were great for travelling with but I only ever used it on my dry hair. 


This is a multi use oil, which can be used in many different ways and like I said I wasn't really using or trying it out to its full potential. This oil can be used before washing, before styling, after styling and between washes....

Before washing : It pre-nourishes hair for added suppleness

Before styling : It protects hair against heat damage up to 230 degrees

After styling : It tames frizz and fly aways for a sleek look for up to 72hours and is 97% humidity resistant

Between washes : It gives a shine boost and leaves hair smelling great



Like I said I've been using the samples on my dry hair and mainly when I went on holiday. Well this time I went on holiday I didn't have a sample to bring with me as I'd used my last sample before going away. I realised just how much this oil was keeping my hair sleek when I was away. I have very thick wavy frizzy hair that in humidity goes even bigger and frizzier. This obviously isn't a great look on holiday! I couldn't even straighten my hair on this holiday, I tired and as soon as I stepped out of our room it doubled in size, went wavy and frizzy. I'd spent an half an hour straightening my hair and getting very hot, to find that it had all been a waste of time. The only thing that I didn't have on this holiday that I had on my last, was this hair oil!  Did I wish that I had saved that last sample to take on holiday with me, Yes I did! But I'm also glad I didn't because I would have never found out just how great it was if I hadn't. 

I use a lot of dry shampoo on my hair, as I said I have a lot of hair and it can be a long process washing, drying and styling it. I try and extend the life of my hair between washes by using dry shampoo. Dry shampoo however, does seem to dry my scalp out after a while and my scalp ends up dry and flaky. I've tried applying coconut oil on my scalp before and it did help but it was very messy and took forever to wash out. This oil has pure coconut oil in it and says that it can be used before washing. I decided to use that last sample on my scalp and down the lengths on my hair. I applied it when I got home from work and went about doing some daily house cleaning before jumping in the shower. It didn't take long to wash out my hair and my hair felt very clean afterwards. I decided to not bother drying my hair and let it air dry through the night, to save on applying too much heat to my hair and would style it in the morning. But when I woke up the next morning my hair had dried so nicely, my natural waves where just waves and not waves of frizz. The oil had tamed the frizz and made my waves look much sleeker and I felt confident enough to go out without having to apply any heat or extra products to my hair! My scalp also looked amazing, it was flake free and looked healthy.

My scalp lasts three months before it had dry flakes reappear from the over use of dry shampoo. I decided I needed to go buy a bottle of this multi use perfecting oil. I enjoyed the results I got from every way I'd used it and it was doing more for my hair than some of the other products in my hair draw. This usually costs £9.99 for 150ml which is a great price for the amount you get, but its on offer at boots at the moment for £7 so its an even better bargain. 

I now need to go through my hair care draw and pull out products that this product will be replacing. This hair oil does quite a bit and I know I'm going to be using it in quite a few of the different ways. I will definitely be using this on my hair as a pre-treatment every three months to keep my scalp and hair healthy. I will also be using this after I've washed my hair, as it will help tame the frizz and make my natural waves look amazing. It will also be great to use it this way, as if I do blow dry my hair it will protect my hair from the heat while keeping the frizz at bay. I wont use this on my hair dry before styling with straighteners or a curling wand as I don't want my hair to end up looking overly greasy, even though it says its a lightweight oil. I would rather use a heat protectant spray for styling and the oil for after styling to ensure frizz is tamed, its protected from humidity and the damp British weather. 

In summary this has become my favourite hair oil and will be replacing a few products in my hair care regime. It will also most definitely becoming on all future holidays to ensure my hair always looks sleek and perfect wherever I go.

Have you tried this oil or any of the other Garnier Ultimate blends products? 
What were your thoughts.

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, LookerHQ, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up with all things me and my Blog. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me