Birchbox Vs Glossybox July

If your going on holiday soon, July and August are great times to be subscribed to beauty boxes. Your always guaranteed travel friendly products that will either get you summer ready or keep you looking great in the heat. Anyway as you've guessed its that time of the month again, its time for Birchbox Vs Glossybox. Here's Julys edition...




Birchbox
Box theme : Summer Daze


The first thing we need to talk about is the beautiful design of this months box! It has a sunset-inspired design, with palm trees and fun bright colours. That's one thing that I do really like about Birchbox, that most of the boxes you receive usually have a pretty design. This months box like the box design is inspired by summer. The products inside should help you prep you for those summer days. A bonus for this month is that there isn't just your normal five products, there's actually six products this month. Which is exactly what Glossybox did last month...


 
A two in one product that's perfect for taking on your travels. Its a lip and cheek tint that will give you an instant pop of colour. Its also long lasting so its perfect for those hot sunny days. This product was last months sneak peek and was also the product we got a choice over. We got to choose between two shades, ChaCha tint or GoGo tint. Obviously as you can see I went with ChaCha tint which is a peach colour, GoGo tint is bright pink. I'm looking forward to trying this out, I think it will be perfect to take on holiday for a space saving product that will last well in the heat. I also think this will look really nice on the lips with some gloss over the top. 
A full size product would cost £25.50 for 10ml, this is a 2.5ml sample and would cost around £6.38.


 
A 99% natural cleansing water with soothing chamomile, regenerating neroli and mandarin oils that will help to make your skin glow. I'm never into the smell of Balance me products, they kind of turn my stomach a bit. Which isn't great, but the natural smell it has just isn't my thing. I'm hoping I can get past the scent of this product to use it, as it would be a great size to take on holiday. I also like the idea of it being 99% natural! 
For a full size product your looking at £16 for 180ml, this sample is 30ml and would cost around £2.67.



A product that promises to transform your hair while you sleep! This product is brimming with conditioning agents to hydrate, boost shine and fight frizz. It does all this while you sleep without transferring to your pillow and all you have to do is wash it out in the morning. I don't know if this product will work for me. I don't really wash my hair in the morning, I tend to wash it in the evening and let it dry overnight. I do this so to try and limit the amount of heat I put on my hair. So I'm unsure when I will get to try this product out.
A full sized product costs £20 for 150ml, the sample I have is 30ml and would cost around £4.00.



Get your feet summer ready by using this refreshing lotion. It immediately soothes and cools your skin, while also deodorising and softening your feet. A foot cream is just a foot cream to me, there's nothing special about it and it doesn't really excite me. Yes feet are things a lot of us forget to give some love to and I definitely don't give mine enough love. But I know just because I have a product to use on them doesn't mean I'm going to change my habits and start moisturising my feet.
For a full sized product it would cost £3 for 100ml, this sample is 30ml and costs around £0.90.



Origins have taken the healing power of a good cuppa to inspire this mask. Its infused with rose and Rooibos tea. It also helps to hydrate drier complexions. This should leave your skin softer than ever and leave you with a natural glow. I've never heard of a face mask like this, I'm excited to try this and see if it lives up to what it promises. 
If you want a full sized product it would cost £32 for 45g, the sample I have is 5g and would cost around £3.56.



A fresh fragrance that smells of zesty lemon and mint, which then dries down to sandalwood and vanilla. This smells like summer in a bottle. Its fruity but not over the top fruity, the vanilla and sandalwood gives it a sexy grown up feel. I'm looking forward to trying this scent out this summer and seeing if it will become a part of my main perfume collection.
This would cost £55 for 50ml, the sample I have is 2ml and would cost around £2.20.

Box Price : £12.95 (including p+p)
Box Value : £19.71
Full Sized Products : 0/6
Products Excited To Try: 3/6
Overall Thoughts : There's no full size products in this months box and the box value isn't the best. But I like that I haven't tried any of these products before. I'm excited to try half of the products in this months box, but I don't hate the other half. I still like the idea of these product and I'm looking forward to eventually trying them all out. But the mask, perfume and stain are all products that I cant wait to use right now! I think all of these products perfectly fit the theme of the box. There all great at getting you summer ready.

Glossy Box
Box theme :Summer Getaways


First things first, I need to talk about the amazing scent that I was hit with when I opened this box. One of the products in this box smells so good I want to eat it, which I cant obvs! Finally a Glossybox that has a pretty design! Its a gorgeous coral pink colour with gold writing on the lid that says hello summer. This months box includes travel friendly products, summer problem solvers and products that can stand the heat. 



A yellow setting powder that helps counteract redness, discolouration, blemishes and dark circles on paler skin tones. This powder is perfect for the baking trend that's all the rage right now. I always use powders to set my make-up and I do prefer the loose ones. I usually go for translucent powders so I'm intrigued to try out this yellow toned one. 
This is full size and costs £25.



A fan brush that goes perfectly with setting powder or would work wonders with highlighter. Its a cruelty-free synthetic brush that's super soft. If you read my recent blog post on my favourite beauty tools, you would know that Spectrum brushes are one of my favourite brushes to use. I'm really happy to have another of their brushes to add to my collection. 
This is full size and costs £4.99.



This after sun has the most active form of soothing aloe vera as well as vitamin E and shea butter. This after sun cools, hydrates and helps to calm sunned-out skin. After sun is always needed in the summer time, this would be perfect to take on my upcoming holiday. Its travel size so it would fit perfectly in hand luggage. I'm hoping this will keep my skin hydrated and nourished, to hopefully keep my tan as long as possible.
For a full size product it would cost £19.95 for 180ml, the travel friendly sample I have is 100ml and would cost around £11.08.


A balm that can not only be used on the lips but can also double up as blusher. Not only is the packaging cute as hell, it looks like a little Macaroon. But this is the product that smelt so delicious. Its got a cherry smell, but that fake cherry smell that still smells great!
This is full size and costs £3.99



These are alternatives to tight elastic hair bands. These hold hair without causing split ends, breaking hair or pulling on the scalp. I already own hair bands like these and use them everyday. They are much better than normal hair elastics. I'm looking forward to trying out this brand and seeing if its better than the one I'm using or not.
These are also full sized and cost £4.99.

Box Price : £13.25 (including p+p)
Box Value : £50.05
Full Sized Products : 4/5
Products Excited To Try : 4/5
Overall Thoughts : This box has an amazing value and great sized products! I'm excited to try quite a few of these products and I'm very happy to have another spectrum brush to add to my collection. I'm also looking forward to trying out the the under eye baking trend.

July Box Winner
Glossybox

This month it was quite a tough decision. I loved both box designs and most of the products in the boxes. Although I was only excited by half of Birchbox products, I still liked the rest that was included in the box. But Glossybox just managed to pip Birchbox and I think that has to do with a favourite beauty tool and getting to try this Banana powder.

What was your favourite box this month?

Don't forget to check back next month, to see what August has to offer.

SNEAK PEEK
Birchbox : Spectrum Collections brush
Glossybox : Girls Just Wanna Have Sun Box design

If you want to check out past Birchbox V's Glossybox then check out the links below

May
June 

Follow me on Instagram, lookerHQ, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up with all things to do with me and my Blog. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me