Mini Tarte Haul

Whilst I was on holiday in Singapore I came across the beauty mother-ship, Sephora! I wasn't expecting to see the cult beauty shop in Singapore, I thought it was strictly an American and Canadian store. Unfortunately for Paul that meant I had to, no, needed to go in! It's easy to loose track of time in Sephora, especially for us beauty lovers. So I decided to be nice to Paul and hit up the Tarte section. A brand I've been enjoying, but cant really get hold of that well in the UK. Yes, you can get some of their products on QVC, which does make it easier for us in the UK. But they tend to be only available on QVC in sets, so you have to buy two mascaras instead of one or your paying for a brush that you don't necessary need or want to come with the product you do want. Anyway, I'm getting off track a bit there.... As I was saying, I hit up the Tarte section to try out more of their products. So far I've tried the lights camera flashes mascara and the rain forest of the sea foundation. I like and really enjoy using both of these products, so I wanted to see if I would like their other products too.


I didn't go overly crazy, I didn't want to spend all our holiday money on beauty products. If I'd known there was a Sephora in Singapore, I'd have brought some extra money so I could have gone a bit more crazy. I ended up coming away with two mini sets from Tarte. The first mini set is the tartelette tease eyeshadow palette and the second is tartiest lip wardrobe.


The tartelette tease eyeshadow palette has six shades. The top three shades are all in the brown colour family. Whisper is a matte cream, Crush is a shimmery light brown and Heartbreaker is a dark matte brown. The bottom three shades are more purple. Wink is a very light matte dusky purple, First Kiss is a shimmery darker version of Wink and Bff is a dark matte purple. All of the shades are soft, velvety, very pigmented and blend beautifully together. I bought this on our last day in Singapore, I had brought two other eye Shadow palettes with me. But I found once we arrived at our next destination all I used was the new tartelette palette, I may as well not have packed those other two palettes. I really like these little tease palettes, I think there perfect for travelling with. You have a small selection of beautiful shades that you can create some beautiful looks with.


I love mini lip products too, in fact I just love mini products in general. I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to finish lipsticks and lip glosses. I find I have to throw them out before I've finished them, because they've gone a bit gross looking. But mini versions mean I have the chance to actually use all the product up. Its easier to take them on holiday with me and easy to throw a couple of them in my handbag, as they're obviously much smaller. In this mini set there was two liquid lipstick. Both of them have a matte finish, but I got to try out the two different formula's they sell their matte liquid lipsticks in. These are quick dry and creamy. The first shade is called Rose, which is a nude colour and comes in the quick dry formula. The second shade is called Fomo, which is a mauve colour and comes in the creamy formula. Both colours are very pretty and they both apply really nice. The quick dry formula really does dry very quickly. Both of these don't feel uncomfortable on the lips, the creamy formula does feel nicer on the lips longer than the quick dry one though. Overall I really liked them and would buy more in different colours.


I'm very happy with both the mini sets I got from Sephora. These little sets have allowed my to try out more products from Tarte and have confirmed how much I really do like the brand. I'm looking forward to trying some more products from Tarte soon and I definitely want to invest in a full eyeshadow palette soon, there eye shadows are pretty amazing.

Have you tried anything from Tarte? What would you recommend I try next?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me