Birchbox Vs Glossybox - March

It's time for March's instalment of the Birchbox vs Glossybox series. Its a long post as always so go grab a drink and get your self comfy. I hope you enjoy this months instalment and don't forget to let me know below which box was your favourite this month.



Birchbox
Box theme : Celebrating the original Birchbox


This month Birchbox are celebrating reaching 100,000 subscribers in the UK. There celebrating by bringing back the original Birchbox design for this month. They've also included in each box a thank you note for being a subscriber, which includes 20% off our next Birchbox shop. I think that's a really nice touch, especially for long time subscribers. Its nice to receive something for being a loyal subscriber.


A lipstick with a unique teardrop tip, that has a liner at the top and a long lasting lipstick at the bottom. It's a semi-matte formula that defines the lip, for a plump and visibly fuller pout. This lipstick contains lanolin oil, which ensures a comfortable finish that lasts up to eight hours.
This was last months sneak peak. We also had the chance this month to choose between two shades, lusty rose and pink thrills. The shade I've chosen is lusty rose, which is more of a berry colour. The liner and lipstick in one, is a new concept that I find intriguing. These apply quite sheer and can be layered up. It also has a sweet scent to it. I'm looking forward to putting this product through its paces and seeing if it will last the full eight hours.
A full sized lipstick costs £16.50 for 1.5g of product. The sample I've received is 0.75g costing around £8.25


This is a 99% natural blend of hyaluronic acid and acacia gum, which tightens and diffuses for smoother refined skin.
This is a white primer, that sinks in quickly. Its heavily scented, kind of smells spa like. I'm not overly excited about this. I've never really got on with any of the Balance Me products. I just generally cant stand the smell of them and I know that's because there mostly all natural. I do like spa like scents, but only in a spa and only on my body. I'm not into having that scent on my face and stuck up my nose all day.
For £22 you get 15ml of product. The sample I have is 5ml and costs around £7.33


A moisturising shower gel that's ideal for everyday use. This shower gel includes wheat proteins which form a protective layer on the skin, to maintain skins regular hydration level.
I wasn't supposed to receive this product in my box. I was actually supposed to receive the Vita Liberata, ten minute tan. I could have complained if I'd wanted and I know that Birchbox would have sorted this problem quickly. But I don't really use tanning products, so I would rather have this shower gel instead. Not that I find shower gels overly interesting either. This shower gel has a very pleasant light and fresh fruity scent though, that I really quite like. This is also a prefect size for me to take away on my up coming holiday.
Costs £8 for 250ml, the sample is 40ml and costs around £1.28.


This is a new launch by Batiste, a 2-in-1 dry shampoo and conditioner. If you love using dry shampoo but hate how it can dry your hair out, then your in luck as this product is aimed at you. This new formula refreshes roots and nourishes dry ends, to keep hair happy.
I do find that my hair can end up looking quite dry and unhealthy after using dry shampoo, which is why I don't like to use it too much. So this new launch excites me! I cant wait to test this out and see if this actually works. I got the orange and pomegranate scent, which smells yummy! I love the size of the sample too, its the perfect handbag size.
This is £4.99 for 200ml. The sample I received is 50ml and costs around £1.25


Bobbi Brown - Multi-Mask kit
Its no longer all about using one face mask, now were encouraged to try the new multi-masking craze. Every ones skincare problems are different and we all get different problems in different areas. Multi-masking is about creating a custom skincare experience for you. Its about mixing the face masks to match the areas that needs it, to really target your skincare concerns. The three Bobbi Brown masks each target specific problems. There is one called the Instant Detox which pulls toxins, excess oils and impurities from the skin. Next we have Skin Nourish, this is enriched with ultra-quenching ingredients to plump and smooth skin.  Lastly we have Radiance Boost which rids the skin of excess oils and dead skin cells, leaving skin refreshed and energised.
I'm looking forward to trying all three face masks out and targeting them on the areas, that really need that extra attention.
One full sized mask costs £33 for 75ml. I have a 3ml sample of each mask, the samples are worth around £3.96

Box Price : £12.95 (including p+p)
Box Value : £22.07
Full Sized Products : 0/5
Products Excited To Try: 3/5
Overall Thoughts : I wasn't impressed with the box design this month, but I completely get why they've done it and at least it gives me a month off being a box hoarder. It was a nice surprise to receive Bobbi Brown in my box, they're a new brand to Birchbox. I also liked that there was a good round up of products, from skincare, make-up, haircare and body care. I cant wait to try out multi-masking, the new dry shampoo and bust that amazing shade of lipstick out.

Glossy Box
Box theme : Prep and perfect


In order to get that perfect look we need to prep with the right products. This months Glossybox is all about finding those great products that prep you for those great skin and hair days. If you don't have the right prep tools it can leads to bad frizzy hair days and in my case dry skin.


A 100% natural eye cream that has over 65 organic ingredients. This is a luxurious eye cream that is hydrating and rich in antioxidants, helping to diminish dark circles and reduce puffiness.
For being a natural product this doesn't have much of a scent to it, which I like. I hate those over powering scented products for the face. Its nice knowing that this is 100% natural, so you know that this is going to give your skin some good loving. This is a little pricey, but you only need to apply a rice-grain sized amount so it should last a while.
This 15ml product is full sized and costs £30


This palette has two blushers and four eye shadows. This was last months sneak peek product and we were also given the choice to pick one of the four palettes. I really like two of the palettes so had a hard decision to make, but I finally settled on a midsummer's dream. This is more of a browny bronze palette. I loved all the eye shadow colours in here and the blusher. Although on my skin tone I don't think I could get away with using the blushers as blusher. I think the shimmery blusher called sunrise can easily be used as an eye shadow and I think the matte blusher called suede will work great on my skin tone as a bronzer.
I'm very happy with the palette I've chosen and the pigmentation of the shades look amazing. I cant wait to try this palette out and see how the shades blend together and wear.
This palette is full sized and costs £9.99.



A primer that balances, plumps and brightens skin. Its classed as a mask, moisturiser and primer all in one. This product ensures that you are photo ready and is reportedly a favourite of Victoria Beckham.
The only thing I've tried by this works is their sleep spray, which I didn't overly rate. But I'm excited to try this, mainly because its a favourite of Victoria Beckham. If she loves it, it must be good. Its a white primer that has a very silky feel to it. It has a little spa like scent to it, but its a very light scent so hopefully it wont bother me too much.
This is £30 for 40ml of product. The sample I have is 20ml, costing £15.


This shampoo contains the amazing ingredient Keratin, that helps create new bonds with the hair fibre. Making hair stronger, smoother and less damaged. Although this says blonde on the bottle, it can be used on any hair that is fragile, damaged or coloured. This wont affect your hair colour and and it wont let your hair colour fade either. You'll be happy to hear that this is also sulphate free.
When I saw that this said blonde on the bottle I was a little disappointed, until I read it could be used on any hair colour. I would class myself in the dark blonde/light brown category, but my hair will go much lighter in the sunshine. As soon as I opened my box I was hit with a lovely fragrance, which turned out to be this shampoo. This will be a good product to use, but it doesn't overly excite me because I've already found a shampoo that my hair loves.
This is full sized and costs £13.


This is described as all you need for lightweight but instant and long lasting hydration. This is designed to help moisturise, repair and support skins extra cellular matrix. It helps promote the skin natural repair system, whist destroying free radicals for healthy skin renewal. This has a weird scent to it, but I actually quite like it. The scent reminds me slightly of those alien egg toys, that were all the rage in the 90's. This sinks in really quickly and the skin on my hand felt instantly soft. I'm looking forward to trying this out after testing it on my hand. 
A full sized day cream would cost £18 for 80ml, the sample I have is 20ml and would cost around £4.50

Box Price : £13.25 (including p+p)
Box Value : £72.49
Full Sized Products : 3/5
Products Excited To Try : 3/5
Overall Thoughts : I like that we got to choose what colour we prefer for the beauty item. Were all different skin tones and prefer certain colours on ourselves, so I thought this was a great option this month. I thought this months box was a great concept. We often forget that a good base routine is needed to ensure that our make-up looks as good as we want it to. All the samples in this months box are decent sizes, meaning you can really test the products out properly. The box design was nothing to get excited about, its just there usual design. I'm looking forward to trying out the sleek palette I chose, the primer by this works and the weird smelling day cream.

March Box Winner : Birchbox

Both boxes were great again this month, but Birchbox just won over Glossybox. There was no full sized product in this months Birchbox, but I thought the box had decent sample sizes and had a good variety of products. If you've got a skincare routine that works for you and you love already then Glossybox would have been a bit disappointing for you this month. Although I was excited to try the same amount of products from each box, the Birchbox products got me more excited. I've actually already tried some of Birchbox's products, were as I haven't tried any of the Glossybox products yet. 

What was your favourite box this month?

Don't forget to check back next month, to see what April has to offer.

SNEAK PEEK
Birchbox : No sneak peek this month
Glossybox :Model Co's contour stick

If you want to check out past Birchbox V's Glossybox then check out the links below


ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I've also started a new Instagram account up and would love a follow on there too =)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me