February Favourites

February is always a busy month for us at work. Valentines is a pretty big day, especially with working in retail and we also had our annual stock take. So as you can imagine this month does fly by, as we have so much going on. At the end of this month we also took a weeks holiday, to catch up with friends and hit the refresh button after a busy few months at work. We caught up with so many friends over lunch in that week, had our beautiful niece over to sleep, took a trip to Ikea, built flat pack furniture and bought a new sofa. All whilst cat sitting for my mum while she was on holiday. Even though its the shortest month, we sure crammed in as much as we could. But I'm now ready for March, as it's my birthday month and I cant wait to crack on with making birthday plans. 

I have my usual monthly favourites to share with you. Three of which are beauty, one body care and one hair care.


Starting with beauty....

These first two items are both from the Nars, Sarah Moon collection. I got them at Christmas time, but haven't really appreciated them properly until this month.


This palette has four eye shadows and one black eyeliner. I've been using this everyday for work, creating a subtle soft smokey eye. The eye shadows feel like velvet, blend well and have great pigmentation. I wish the shadows had names rather than 1, 2, 3 and 4, but that's the beauty geek in me. 1 is a matte cream, 2 is light shimmery brown, 3 is a matte chocolate brown and 4 is black with a slight shimmer.  I don't think much to the black eye liner, its quite a hard pencil so doesn't apply well to the eyes. It ends up dragging on the eye lid far too much, But the eye shadows apply beautifully. This is my first look at Nars eye shadows, I'm not disappointed at all and look forward to trying more of there eye shadows out. This collection is no longer available, but they always have great palettes to check out.


This palette has one highlighter, three blushers and a lip pencil. The highlighter is my absolute favourite called Albatross, which is a beautiful creamy gold. The blushers are called Sex Appeal, Illusive and Make Believe. Sex Appeal is a soft peach. Illusive is the shade I've been wearing mostly this month and I think is a the in-between shade to Sex Appeal and Make Believe. Lastly we have Make Believe, which is more of a coral. All the blushers are very pigmented and velvet soft. They apply and blend well. This palette has prefect shades for all year round. The lip pencil is called Golshan and is a deep red. I've only worn this once on Christmas day, but it wore well, didn't dry the lips out and applied really nicely. Again this collection is no longer available, but Nars always have great palettes to check out.


I forgot how much I loved this and how well it does cover up for a light foundation. While I had my week off work, I ate disgustingly large amounts of chocolate. All the rubbish food and too much sugar didn't go down to well with my skin. So I needed to switch from my trusty Urban Decay one&done to something with a bit more coverage. Cue this foundation. It really does cover very well, as you can build up the foundation very easily. This covers whilst also giving a dewy glow to the skin and doesn't look cakey.


An absolute old favourite. I've had this sat in my draw for what seems like forever! I've been working my way through my Soap and Glory body butter and when I'd finally finished the massive tub I decided to go back to this old favourite. This has to be one of my favourite scents from the body shop for such a long time, I've also got the body wash in my shower right now too. Not only do the body shops body butter smell amazing, but they also keep the skin hydrated and nourished. 


I've has this sat in my hair draw for ages. I got a pack of three in a beauty box a while back and just never really gave them the time of day. Well I finally cracked them out this month and fell in love with them. I don't have to worry about getting it round my thick hair three times, as they stretch so well but still keep hair in place. They manage to keep hair in place comfortably, there not overly tight leaving you with a tight feeling scalp. They don't snag hair or leave indents in the hair. All in all, there a great hair tie and I need to buy some more!

Have you got any products sat in your draws waiting to be tried out?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. Why not check out my Instagram too and see what I've been snapping this week.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me