What I got for Christmas

All the decorations are down and we are well and truly into the new year now. Christmas is over for another year and before we get too far into January. I thought I would share with you, what I got for Christmas. This isn't me bragging about what I received. I like seeing what other people got (its the nosey person in me), so I thought I would share what I got. Other than a few bits of make-up I wrote down. I didn't really ask for a lot this year. Usually I have a list of things, that I wouldn't mind being gifted.

First off, Ill start with the items I was hoping for.


Paul got me all four of these gifts, he really did spoil me. Just like he does every year! He got me the Michael Kors, sexy amber perfume. I love the smell of this. It the perfect winter scent, with its muskiness smell and subtle fruit undertones. Paul got me a set that was exclusive to boots, it came with a red nail Polish. Which is a really nice change. As usually they come with a body lotion or body wash. Which, for me anyway, end up sat it my bathroom collecting dust.

It wouldn't be my Christmas list, if there wasn't something on there from Urban Decay. The naked ultimate basics palette, was high on my wish list. I was so happy when I opened this on Christmas morning. Its filled with 12 buttery soft, matte eye shadows. The shades range from browns, purples, greys and orange.

The other two make-up wish list items, were from Nars. After receiving a Nars palette last Christmas and loving it. I wanted to try a few more of their products. These are both from the Sarah Moon collection. The first being the cheek and lip palette, which is called recurring dare. You get three blushers, a highlighter and a satin lip pencil. The blushers are called sex appeal, illusive and make believe. The highlighter is my 2016 favourite, called albatross and the lip pencil is a deep red shade, called golshan.

The second Nars palette is all about the eyes, its called the look closer palette. It includes four eye shadows, that are just labelled 1 - 4. They range from light to dark shades of brown. Also included in this palette is a larger than life, long wear liner in black.

Paul also picked me up this make-up brush set, from real techniques. This one of my all time favourite brands, for make-up brushes. They apply make-up really well, they clean well, there soft and there no where near as expensive as some brands. This set covers all your brush basics for your eyes and face. I'm now set for make-up brushes. I was really happy and excited when I received this, its such a great gift. Especially for a make-up junkie like me.

My amazing mum, spoilt me and bought me a Kate Spade handbag. We were on one of usual trips into town, in TkMaxx. When I spotted this beauty, which my mum decided to snap up and get me it for Christmas. I instantly fell in love with it, its perfect. The black and cream colour will go with any outfit. But hidden inside is a beautiful bright pink lining. It also has a long and a short handle. So it can be carried in the hand or be worn over the shoulder.

Paul picked me up a black purse, which I think goes perfectly with my new handbag. Its from River Island. I really love this, as its much more compact than my old purse. Which is great, as it means my purse doesn't take all the room up in my handbag now. But it's still big enough to fit everything in that I need.

My sister in law got me a dressing gown, which isn't pictured. As I was wearing it at the time and totally forget to include it in my photos. But its a black one from next, which is super soft and snuggley. I really needed a new dressing gown, I haven't had one in like 5 years. I don't know about you, but I never buy myself dressing gowns. For me there something, that someone else buys you. This was a very needed and appreciated gift.

She also picked me up a set from one of my favourite brands, Soap and Glory. It was the bright and bubbly set. Which included the clean on me shower gel, the scrub or your life body scrub, the righteous body butter, hand cream and a body puff. She knows just how much I love soap and glory, so this is perfect for me. Especially as these are mini versions. So these will be perfect to take travelling and hopefully I will remember to keep the pots and refill them.

My boss got me three cute and really 'me' gifts. The first being some really soft and cosy gloves. I hate being cold and always complain that I have cold hands, so these were perfect. It also leads onto the really cute little jumper gift, which is a hand warmer. That I can continually re-heat, to keep my hands toasty warm. My boss had recently been to Canada and she'd been shopping in bath and body works. I love bath and body works, I really wish they would ship to the UK.  So i was super excited to see that she had picked me up something from there. She got me a hand soap in one of my all time favourite Christmas scents, gingerbread latte.


These last gifts are all from Paul, like I said he likes to spoil me rotten. He got me a CD by one of my all time favourite bands, one republic.

He also knows how much I like to plan things . So he picked me up the feel unique 2017 diary and he also tracked down an Alice in wonderland planner. I absolutely love Alice in wonderland and this planner is beautiful. It has beautiful illustrations of the story, all the way through the planner. It's almost too pretty to use!

He also picked me up some Alice in wonderland bookmarks and lastly the princess diarist book, by the late Carrie Fisher.

I loved every single one of my presents and was well and truly spoilt by all my family and friends. I cant wait to play with all my new make-up and start using all my new things.

What was your favourite gift you received this Christmas?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me